Vacancy: Weekend Cook / Kitchen and Play Area Assistant (Maternity Cover)
TO APPLY EMAIL YOUR CV TO: Littleburrowersjobs@gmail.com
Closing date: 30.11.2023
Employed by: Little Burrowers
Line Manager: Victoria Butterworth & Kimberley Gunson
Role: Cook / Kitchen Assistant & Play Assistant
This role always requires absolute discretion and confidentiality.
Join us at Little Burrowers play cafe designed for babies to pre-school. Come along and explore our magical sensory play room designed for 0-18 months, or visit our exciting George Town interactive play village for confident walkers - preschool. Learn through play.
We are seeking to appoint a friendly, confident kitchen assistant / cook. Apply now if you are a great cook and have experience of working in a Kitchen Environment, planning, preparing and serving food and drinks in a small but busy kitchen.
You must be able to cook hot food e.g. full breakfast and hot lunches. Barista training would be great, but not essential.
We are a small and friendly team at Little Burrowers Baby Play Room & Preschool Play Village based at Unit 4 ABS Business Park, Viaduct Street, Leeds, LS28 6AU.
We are looking for an organised, confident, outgoing, flexible, and reliable person to join our team. The position is for weekend work Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm ( with options of extra hours saturday and holiday cover weekday if wanted)
You may also be required for holiday cover and sickness throughout the week if available.
The position would ideally suit someone who has experience of working in a busy restaurant / café. with experience is cooking.
The position involves overseeing 3-4 play session or parties daily in either the baby play room or the play village, You will be required to be bright and bubbly when meeting and greeting customers, cleaning / tidying the play areas between each session, taking orders, serving tables, and cooking and makings hot drinks. You will be put through an online food safety course if you do not already have the qualificationation.
Additional duties maybe required of you by your line manager.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- The ordering for and provision of meals throughout the day from a standard menu.
- Current and relevant practice and advice on Food Hygiene for the Company, to maintain 5 star results at inspections
- The preparation and attractive presentation of food
- To have knowledge of dietary requirements / needs of adults & young children in a variety of ages.
- To undertake relevant training at the company’s discretion, to assist in your role.
- To order food and supplies correctly and efficiently, so that the kitchen remains stocked from the weekly supermarket order.
- To be responsible for the running of the kitchen equipment and utilities including fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
-To be responsible for high standards of the kitchen’s cleanliness, health & safety standards, kitchen food safety regulations.
- To complete all necessary paperwork, checks and records, as required on a daily basis
- To maintain the safety of all kitchen equipment and appliances, reporting any faults promptly to the Manager.
- To successfully complete a DBS check.
- To show patience and kindness in a considerate manner when dealing with children and adults.
- To follow the Company’s standards of dress and conduct.
Full training will be given. An enhanced DBS will also be required and Safeguarding training.
A uniform will also be provided.
Expected start date: As soon as possible. Immediate Start
Schedule of work:
7.5 hours Sunday
Café / Restaurant / Kitchen Experience / working with the public
Previous experience of working in a kitchen / cooking for the public