Vacancy: Cafe, Kitchen and Play Area Assistant
TO APPLY EMAIL YOUR CV TO: Littleburrowersjobs@gmail.com
Closing date: 31.01.2022
Employed by: Little Burrowers Baby Sensory & Pre-school Children’s Play Village
Line Manager: Victoria Butterworth & Kimberley Gunson
Role: Play Assistant / Café & Kitchen Assistant
This role always requires absolute discretion and confidentiality.
Little Burrowers Baby Sensory Room and Café opened in December 2018. The Sensory room is for children aged 0-18 months. On the 17th of May 2021 we extended the business by accruing the next-door unit to create George Town Preschool Play Village for 18months or Confident Walkers – Preschool.
We are seeking to appoint a Play Area / Café / Kitchen Assistant as part of a small and friendly team at Little Burrowers Baby Sensory & Preschool Play Village based at Unit 4 ABS Business Park, Viaduct Street, Leeds, LS28 6AU.
We are looking for an organised, outgoing, flexible, and reliable person to join our team. The position is for weekend work Saturday & Sunday 9:00am – 4:00pm
You may also be required for holiday cover and sickness throughout the week if available.
The position would ideally suit someone who has experience of working in a busy restaurant / café.
The position involves overseeing 3-4 play session or parties daily in either the sensory room or the play village, cleaning / tidying the play areas between each session, taking orders, serving tables, and general kitchen assistant duties. You will be put through an online food safety course.
Additional duties maybe required of you by your line manager.
To assist in keeping a daily register and relevant records, including accident books and kitchen records
Staff Duties (include but not limited to):
· Little Burrowers is an unsupervised play area; however, you will report to and work with the playleader / manager and notify them of any concerns or issues regarding the playgroup policies, procedures, or operational practices.
· To understand and implement the policies and procedures of the setting.
· To contribute to creating an effective team.
· To attend staff meetings.
· To attend relevant training and to keep essential training for child protection and first aid updated. · To contribute to any business developmental opportunities
· Always maintain a positive attitude with the children, parents, visitors, and work colleagues.
· To help with organising a wide range of stimulating and safe activities through the session, including play to promote positive attitudes and equal opportunities.
· To be present, set up and ready to open the doors to the public for 9.00am and be available to stay incase of sessions over running.
Cleaning before after and in between play sessions.
· Check equipment and premises are kept in good order and report and concerns to the manager, helping with the risk assessment.
Full training will be given. An enhanced DBS will also be required and Safeguarding training.
A uniform will also be provided.
Expected start date: As soon as possible. Immediate Start
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Schedule of work:
Café / Restaurant / Kitchen Experience / working with the public