Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy
Please note that due to the size of the play area and café, we do have to be strict on your exit and arrival time. We strongly urge you to allow plenty of time for travel and parking so you can arrive in good time, as we are unable to delay the start time of any of our sessions or move you to a different session.
Please note that all our sessions are none refundable or transferable. If management has agreed to refund you due to an exceptional reason, this will be minus the administration fee.
Terms & Conditions:
Little Burrowers is an unsupervised play area, Little Burrowers accepts no liability for injuries incurred.
Rules of play:
•Children must be supervised at all times
•As the responsible adult we ask you to assess the capabilities of your children and ensure they use age appropriate play equipment safely and responsibly
•Adults may accompany small children on equipment, but care must be taken around other children
•Food and drink (including chewing gum) are not permitted on any of the play equipment
•Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere in Little Burrowers
We are pleased to provide this facility and whilst we have attempted to make it as safe as possible, the very nature of children’s play activity means that accidents can occasionally happen. We cannot therefore accept any responsibility for injury or damage to children or clothing whilst using this play area. Parental supervision is essential, as it is not supervised by our staff.
Capabilities and safety:
•Children must wear appropriate clothing - ideally legs and arms should be covered to minimise the risk of personal injury. All sharp items should be removed and pockets emptied of loose objects (jewellery, badges, belts etc) before using any play equipment
•Any children who have obvious recent injuries, or are unwell must not visit Little Burrowers for at least 48 hours after their symptoms have ceased
•We fully expect you will want to capture photos and videos of the child(ren) in your care enjoying themselves whilst at Little Burrowers. We are aware, however, that some parents or carers may not want images of children in their care taken or shared in a public domain such as on social media. With this in mind, our guidelines recommend you only capture pictures of the child(ren) in your care. If you do have images of other children, we advise that you seek consent from the adult responsible if you intend to publish these in a public domain.
•All accidents must be reported to a member of staff and recorded in our accident book If accidents occur involving vomit, urine or faeces this must be reported to a member of staff immediately
•Fighting, bullying or any behaviour deemed destructive or inappropriate will not be tolerated. Any concerns/incidents should be reported to a member of staff
Food and drink:
•Alcohol is not permitted
•You must notify a member of staff when ordering food of any dietary requirements
Indoor play equipment:
•Adults may accompany small children, but care must be taken around other children
•Shoes must be removed, but socks must be worn
Your own Wash Cloth
Your own Towel
Babies must be wearing a standard nappy at all times – please note that swim nappies are not permitted
Little Burrowers will provide warm, soapy water for you to use throughout every session.
Parent(s) / Carer(s) Responsibilities:
Whilst attending Messy Play sessions, parent(s) / carer(s) are fully responsible for the care of their child(ren). Parent(s) / carer(s) must remain with their child(ren) at all times whilst accessing the activities provided. Some activities include edible elements, therefore anything consumed by the child(ren) is at the discretion and full responsibility of the parent(s) / carer(s). Any activity that does not include edible elements will be clearly identified on the cue cards. If there are any uncertainties, please raise these with a member of staff. If Little Burrowers staff are informed of any allergies, we will do our upmost to cater for these needs. All packaging from the contents of messy play will be saved, It is the responsibility of the parent / career to ask to view the packaging if your baby has any alleges.
It is likely that some activities will result in clothing becoming dirty. Little Burrowers do not take responsibility for any damage to clothes as a result of the activities undertaken. Some activities will include food colouring, which may temporarily stain clothing and skin. We recommend wearing old clothing during each Messy play session.
Little Burrowers is an unsupervised play area, Little Burrowers accepts no liability for injuries incurred.
Parents/guardians remain responsible for and must supervise the children in their care at all times. Children must be supervised by an adult over 18 years of age who is responsible for their care for the duration of your visit to Little Burrowers. At no time can children be left in Little Burrowers unattended.
You will need to pay for minimum number of children (6). Amendments & additions can be made by calling us up to one week prior to booking. The remaining balance payment must be paid in full at the beginning of the party.
Please note that we require notice of any dietary requirements 7 days prior to the party date.
As the party organiser you may arrive 15 minutes before the party is due to start, so that you can decorate your party room and bring in your cake.
A member of our team will be available throughout your party. They will ensure you have squash available.
You are responsible for ensuring your party room is vacated promptly at the end of your session, along with all personal belongings.
If any siblings are accompanying a party guest but not attending the party they will be subject to the normal admission fee for the specific play time and their playtime will need to be booked separately.
We are able to cater for most special dietary requirements, please ensure you advise us of any specific needs at least 7 days before the date of the party.
Adults food platters / drinks available – must order 7 days prior when confirming party.
Refund & Cancellation:
Little Burrowers does not accept liability for losses incurred or inconvenience caused by cancellation of the party or session due to circumstances beyond our control (including Covid-19). These include but are not limited to fire, flood, wind damage, malfunction of heating or lighting, damage to the structure, staff illness, criminal damage, act of God, severe weather events etc.
These terms and conditions are for birthday party bookings & private group bookings at Little Burrowers either in person, online or by telephone. Please note that these terms and conditions can change at any time and it is your responsibility to check them before you make your booking. Should you not agree to the terms and conditions set out below, you should not make your booking. Should you have any queries about the terms and conditions then please contact Little Burrowers before confirming your booking.
As stated on the website, a telephone or email enquiry must be made to check availability for your party requirement on your chosen date. Once availability is confirmed, Little Burrowers will make a provisional booking for birthday party.
Little Burrowers booking process, we collect a minimum amount of data about you and your child(ren), which is stored on secure servers that support our website.
your full name, address, telephone number and email address
your child(ren)’s name(s), date(s) of birth
is only available to authorised Little Burrowers staff and will never be shared with third parties
will only be used to make direct contact with you in matters relating to you booking.
****Please note that all bookings for any of our sessions or party bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you are refunded for exceptional circumstance authorised and agreed by Little Burrowers Management, then a refund will be minus the administration fee****
Little Burrowers – Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
Please see below for our Cancellation and Returns Policy and Complaints Policy
In these conditions ‘you’ are the gift voucher purchaser or user and ‘your’ shall be construed accordingly.
‘Card’ shall mean the Little Burrowers Gift Voucher you have purchased or been the recipient of.
1. By using the Card, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you bought the Card for someone else, then you must advise them that these terms and conditions are available online at www.littleburrowers.co.uk/termsandconditions.You should retain the original order number and gift card as these may be required to provide you with customer services or to assist with errors or if your Card is lost or stolen.
2. The Card is a prepaid gift card that is activated once purchased. It can only be used for purchasing activity services, NOT for use within the onsite cafe. Please check the current list of Activities before seeking to make a booking with Little Burrowers. The Card can only be used with Activities delivered by the listed Provider for children aged 0-18 months inclusive, unless the Activity Provider agrees otherwise. We can make no guarantee as to availability of particular Activities with which you may wish to use your Card and so to avoid disappointment, we advise that you always contact Little Burrowers in advance to establish availability and book your place before attending. The Card cannot be used within the café.
3. In the event that you wish to make a purchase at a cost which exceeds the available balance on your Card, you will need to pay the balance to Little Burrowers by cash or card on arrival.
4. The Card is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of activation. It cannot be used after expiry. At expiry, the remaining balance will be forfeited. We will not give you any notice before this happens.
6. The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash. Authorisations may be declined (for example if there is not a place available for the relevant Activity.
7. The Card is like cash and cannot be replaced if misused, lost, stolen or damaged and no financial compensation scheme exists with respect to the Card. You are responsible for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or negligence by our staff or agents. If you notice any error relating to the Card or you lose your Card then you should contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of Little Burrowers. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction being refunded was made using the Card), then you will have no access to those funds.
14. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes to these terms and conditions can be viewed at www.littleburrowers.co.uk
15. If for any reason we cease trading and your Card can no longer be used, you will not be entitled to surrender and redeem your Card to the amount of its available balance.
‘Card’ means the Little Burrowers Gift voucher you have purchased.
‘You’ means the purchaser of a Card and ‘Your’ shall be construed accordingly.
‘We’ means Little Burrowers, Unit 3a ABS House, Viaduct Street, Stanningley, Leeds, LS28 6AU.
‘Working Days’ means any day Monday to Friday that is not a Bank Holiday in England.
1.1 You have the right to cancel an online order for any reason within 14 days beginning with the day the Card is delivered, if the Card is unused. Costs of returning the order are for Your account.
1.2 To cancel the order You must notify Us via email to email@example.com specifying the Order ID and Card number(s). We will handle all cancellation requests within 5 Working Days. If the cancellation is approved.
1.3 We will only refund hard copy gift cards if;
i) You have returned the Card via post within 14 days after the cancellation request to Us and;
ii) The Card is unused and is returned in its original state, i.e. has the original face value up until it was blocked, and;
iii) The Card is received in good order by Little Burrowers and is accompanied by the cancellation form.
1.5 We will refund the value of the cancelled Card(s) within 14 days after the hard copy gift card has been returned via post. The Card(s) will only be refunded if the above requirements are met. The order will be refunded to the same bank account as was used to pay for the order.
1.6 The order shipping costs will only be refunded where the full order has been cancelled. We will only refund the standard shipping costs. Any amount paid for shipment above the standard shipping costs will not be refunded.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service offered, please email Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message via our ‘Contact Us’ page. Please include the address at which you would like us to correspond with you. A copy of the complaints procedure is available on request.
We will try and resolve your complaint as soon as possible. Often however, the complaint will need to be investigated. In most cases we will provide a full response to your complaint within fifteen (15) Business Days after the day on which we receive your complaint. However, if we are not able to do so due to exceptional circumstances, we will provide you with a full response within thirty-five (35) Business Days, in which case we will inform you of the delay. If your complaint cannot be resolved, you may refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (the “FOS”).
Please see our page "coronavirus & covid-19 update" for information on the steps we are taking. These terms and conditions still apply in terms of refunds and cancellation due to Covid-19.